Battery Safety Tips
Battery Self Diagnostics:
1). If your – Battery is not charging beyond 82V.
Action: Put aside and request for balancing.
2). If your – Battery is cutting off at 68-70V
Action: Put aside and request for balancing.
3). If your – Battery reaches 84.1V
Action: Do not use the battery. Send it to the dealer.
4). If your – Battery charging-discharging range is between 63-64V to 83-84V.
No need to worry, enjoy your ride.
*Pay attention to alerts, and charge the battery appropriately.
General Safety Instructions:
- Handle the battery and charger with care. Don`t drop or knock the battery against other objects.Always use the original charger that came with your e-bike.
- Charge your e-bike in a dry, cool environment.
- Always park your e-bike in a shaded area.
- Don`t charge your e-bike immediately after a ride, wait for 15 minutes.
- Do not attempt to open sealed batteries.
- Turn off the MCB if you are not using your e-bike for more than 4 days.
- Keep the battery stored in a cool, dry place and at 50% charge if you are not using your e-bike for more than 15 days.
- Make sure the MCB is OFF when the discharging connector is being connected or disconnected.
- While re-connecting the discharging connector in your e-bike, make sure the connection is complete and a click sound is heard.
- While charging, plug-in the battery side first and then before plugging-in the wall socket side, ensure that the AC wall switch is OFF. Make sure both connectors are plugged-in before turning ON the wall-switch.
- After charging, switch OFF the wall switch before un-plugging the connector from the socket.
- In the rare event of a fire, submerge the battery completely in a bucket of water.
- Only use OEM specify charger and do not use non-genius charger.
- Store your battery at room temperature.
- High-pressure water cleaning is prohibited.
- Do not charge the battery within 15 hours of use.
Notify Service Engineer If:
- The battery becomes hot while using or charging.
- Emits an odor while in use or charging.
- Deforms or exhibits any abnormal behavior.
- Battery casing is damaged or water intrusion occurs.
If Battery Not Used For More Than 1 Month:
- Remove the battery.
- Charge it to 50% capacity.
- Store the battery in a cool & dry place.
- Do not leave battery at 5% charge for long period of time.
- Charge the battery with 240v16a socket & earthing.
- Charge the battery in a well-ventilated area.
Store Battery & Charger:
- In cool dry & ventilated place.
- Away from corrosive materials.
- Disconnected from power supply.
- Away from heat fire.
Do Not Charge Your Battery:
- In humid conditions.
- On wet surfaces.
- In direct sunlight.
- Make sure the connections are tight while removing or putting the battery back in, check for any battery case damages.
First, insert the charger inside the plug available on your E-Scooter, then insert the other end of the charger in the AC plug, and then ensure the ignition switch is off before charging.
first, unplug the ac side then unplug the battery side.
A. PROPER CHARGING PROTOCOL
- It is recommended to only use the charger provided by the company for charging the batteries.
- Ensure the location for charging the battery must be dry, clean, safe, and dustproof.
- Connect input mains supply plug to the 230V/50hz supply wall socket with proper grounding.
- Make sure the earthing is connected.
- Ensure proper connection of the charger output cable with connector (DC Output) to the battery.
- Unplug or turn the charger off before attaching or removing the clamp connections.
- Do not charge the battery immediately after long ride. Wait for 45 mins before charging the battery.
- Do not charge the battery more than 5 hrs.
3. Do not leave the battery on charging overnight or unattended for long hours.
4. Do not attempt to recharge battery gone into deep discharge mode or damaged battery.
- Do not charge the battery in a congested setup like under bed/sofa, ensure proper ventilation with at least breathing space of 10 cm from a wall or any other object while charging.
- Do not place the charger on the battery.
B. BATTERY STORAGE PROTOCOL
- Battery should be stored away from any heat source or direct sunlight, in a well-ventilated, dry, and dust-free environment.
- Keep all flammable materials away from the storage area
3. In case of long-term storage, remove the battery from the vehicle and store it away from any heat source or direct sunlight, in a well-ventilated, dry, and dust-free room.
- In case of long-term storage, store the batteries at 40% state of charge (SOC).
- Charge the battery at least once in a month when not in regular use.
- Do Not place any object on the battery.
2. Do not let water penetrate the packaging boxes during their storage and transportation.
- Do not store in places with High humidity.
- Do not expose the battery to condensation, rain or frozen condition.
C. POWER QUALITY PROTOCOL
- The power supply of the charging socket should be 220- 240V, 50Hz and no less than 10A.
- Voltage spikes, harmonics, or interruptions – regardless of the duration – can and will damage the battery/charger. It is highly recommended to install voltage stabilisers to provide constant voltage to avoid damages and ensure safety during.
- Adequate earthing and circuit protection must be ensured.
- Do not use any adapter or extension cord.
D. BASIC MAINTENANCE PROTOCOL
- Keep metal tools and other metallic objects away from batteries.
- For Cleaning the battery surface always use a moist cotton cloth only. Never use a woolen/silk or synthetic cloth, as it can create a spark.
E. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES (IN CASE OF ELECTROLYTE LEAKAGE FROM THE BATTERY)
- Take up with absorbent cloth, treat cloth as inflammable. Move the battery away from the fire.
F. CRITICAL DON’Ts
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery pack.
- Do not connect the positive (+) and negative (–) terminals with a metal object such as a wire.
- Do not discard the battery pack into fire or heat it.
- Do not use or leave the battery pack near a heat source such as a fire or a heater (60°C or higher).
- Do not immerse the battery pack in water or seawater, and do not allow it to get wet.
- Do not recharge the battery pack near fire or in extremely hot weather.
- To recharge the battery pack, use the battery charger specifically designed for the purpose and observe the recharging conditions specified by PURE EV.
- Do not pierce the battery pack with a nail or other sharp objects, strike it with a hammer, or step on it
- Do not strike or throw the battery pack.
10. Do not use an apparently damaged or deformed battery pack.
11. Do not directly solder the battery pack.
12. Do not reverse the positive (+) and negative (–) terminals. Do not connect the battery pack to an electrical outlet, vehicle cigarette lighter, etc.
13. Do not use the battery pack for a purpose other than those specified.
G. CRITICAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Immediately discontinue use of the battery if, while using, charging, or storing the battery, the battery emits unusual smells, changes color or shape, or appears abnormal in any way. Contact the Company immediately.
In Case of smoke or fire, DO NOT POUR WATER ON DAMAGED BATTERY. Use powder-coated extinguisher and sand to isolate the battery.